"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands that have connected them to another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle...."If you are an average American reader, then it took you about twelve or thirteen seconds to read the foregoing quote from the Declaration of Independence. In that time period, twenty human beings who had never experienced the love of Christ died and went to Hell. A liberal estimate places the number of born-again Christians at somewhere around 7% of the world's population of 6 billion. One hundred and fifty thousand people will die every twenty-four hours. These statistics give rise to a few statistics that are even more interesting - and sobering:
- In the time it takes you to change the dial on your car radio, 3 unsaved people die.
- During an average TV commercial "hook", 22 unsaved humans meet their Maker.
- While you take a shower (assuming that to take ten minutes), almost a thousand non-Christians die.
- The average church service: 5,800 people go to Hell.
- A youth group meeting in an average American church: over ten thousand people go to Hell.
- During a Christian rock concert: a group of people equivalent to more than a thirtieth of the population of Washington, DC perish forever.