5.06.2006

The Momma of All Tests

Yes, that is right. Tomorrow morning, early, I will be taking the Scholastic Aptitude Test (otherwise known as the S.A.T.) along with millions of other teenagers across America. My palms are sweaty, and I am starting to feel light-headed. . . . In Fall of 2005, I scored in the National Merit range for the PSAT. I won't know until September whether I actually am a National Merit Scholar, but my score did help me to guess how I will do on the SAT. Of course, the SAT has much more advanced math than the PSAT, so who knows how I will do this time. So, keep me in your prayers tomorrow. Pray that I my mind will be clear and that I will be able to recall everything I have ever learned about test-taking! On a lighter note. . . . As soon as I get a chance, I will be switching over from Blogger to the Momma-Of-All-BlogTools, WordPress! The new website will have a different theme and different layout, but it will be the same In Rejection of Mediocrity; with WordPress you can automatically import all your past posts and comments! Today I made a couple of headers for the new blog. I have uploaded them here so you guys can take a look and tell me what you think! Unfortunately none of the images uploaded full-size, but you can get a pretty good look at them with this size. Don't click to enlarge Don't click to enlarge So which one is better? In Him, David S. MacMillan III

8 comments:

Veronika said...

Hey, hope everything goes well on "the Test"! I was in that range too, and I have to take my SAT soon as well.... *trmors* Anyway, hope it goes well for you!

Personally, I like both of the headers, but I think I like the second one better. But they're both good. Can't wait to see your new site!

Dr. Ransom said...

Hey David,

(Memory refresher: September 2005, Worldview Weekend, Sevierville, Tenn.)

First off, Godspeed on The Test!

I like the first header, without your personal head stuck in there, looking off into space. :-D Somehow it looks more professional.

I'll be watching for the new blog ...

Katie Marie said...

I definitely like the top one better!
Hope your test goes well~
>A random blog reader<

Hannah Beth said...

I like both headers, but the top one is my favorite.

Chet said...

Hope the test goes well.

I like the bottom header better, but without the head and capital. I think you can do even better though, in terms of simplicity. I'd just have your title over white, one simple image as a logo, and a tagline in a simple font like Verdana. It's hard to picture what that would look like in my head, but yeah.

David Ketter said...

I'd go with the first one if you're looking for a professional look, etc. :)

The second one's cool too...but maybe I'd change the angle for your head so it doesn't look like you're on a fix. (pardon the slang)

Alex King said...

Hey David - I had to take the SAT yesterday too! Hope it went well for you :D

Emily said...

Oh wow, yeah, I deplore SAT's. I took the molecular biology one and it was definitely not nice to me. I'm still proud of my mark though, in a way...considering I got it with like no chemistry course beforehand or anything.

This is my first time really visiting this blog, and I'd like to say I really like it. I love all your creation/evolution articles! I love Ken Ham as well...This October I'll be seeing him speak at a prophecy conference up here in Canada - I'm definitely stoked.

God bless^^